Public Relations & Event Management (Downtown Vancouver)
Looking for challenge in the PR/communications industry?
The position calls for an enthusiastic and dedicated public relations practitioner with professional training either in journalism or communications with at least 2-3 years of experience in the media or a PR agency in Vancouver.
The right candidate should have a good sense of executing events/functions that achieve the marketing objectives of different products and services. There are lots of opportunities to conceive, plan and execute unique events through working with a variety of clients.
You should also have a background in media relations, a good network with the editorial and reporting staff and the ability to create newsworthy stories for the products and services that are being promoted. You need to be a self-starter with a good business sense. The person should work well independently or as part of a team.
The scope of work includes:
• Handling event management from concept to wrap up with a keen sense of details;
• Advising clients on strategic marketing approaches;
• Preparing research, budget and timeline for projects;
• Executing the various stages of events according to pre-set goals;
• Copywriting of marketing materials and advertorials;
• Writing of media releases, fact sheets and backgrounders;
• Pitching stories to the newsrooms through traditional and social media;
• Media monitoring of news stories of the clients and their competitors;
• Ability to handle multiple social media platforms;
• Excellent English writing skills, ability to speak/write Chinese would be a great asset;
• Ability to advise clients on the Chinese cultural aspect.
This is a full-time position in a boutique, downtown Vancouver office. Remuneration will commensurate with qualification and experience. Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, availability and expected salary.
We thank all applicants but only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
If you have a PR, communications or marketing background and would like to get some working experience, we would like to hear from you. We are looking for someone with passion, ideas, and motivation to join our 3-month internship programme. Please expect to be working in a fast-paced environment with exposure in some innovative and amazing events. Send us a resume with a cover letter and tell us how amazing you are!