Public Relations & Event Management (Downtown Vancouver)
Looking for challenge in the PR/communications industry?
The position calls for an enthusiastic and dedicated public relations practitioner with professional training either in journalism or communications with at least 2-3 years of experience in the media or a PR agency in Vancouver.
The right candidate should have a good sense of executing events/functions that achieve the marketing objectives of different products and services. There are lots of opportunities to conceive, plan and execute unique events through working with a variety of clients.
You should also have a background in media relations, a good network with the editorial and reporting staff and the ability to create newsworthy stories for the products and services that are being promoted. You need to be a self-starter with a good business sense. The person should work well independently or as part of a team.
The scope of work includes:
• Handling event management from concept to wrap up with a keen sense of details;
• Advising clients on strategic marketing approaches;
• Preparing research, budget and timeline for projects;
• Executing the various stages of events according to pre-set goals;
• Copywriting of marketing materials and advertorials;
• Writing of media releases, fact sheets and backgrounders;
• Pitching stories to the newsrooms through traditional and social media;
• Media monitoring of news stories of the clients and their competitors;
• Ability to handle multiple social media platforms;
• Excellent English writing skills, ability to speak/write Chinese would be a great asset;
• Ability to advise clients on the Chinese cultural aspect.
This is a full-time position in a boutique, downtown Vancouver office. Remuneration will commensurate with qualification and experience. Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, availability and expected salary.
We thank all applicants but only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.